Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Growth with Eclectic Paperie

I've been having so much fun this month has the Guest Designer at Eclectic Paperie and this week is no exception. I often am inspired by designer paper which would explain my addiction... err... obsession with it. LOL!!! If you only knew how many 6x6 paper pads I have.  My Mind's Eye always comes out with fabulous designer paper and when I saw "The Sweetest Thing: Honey" I knew I had to snatch it up.  I absolutely love the color combos in this pad.
 
I decided to make two projects for this week with this fantastic paper. 
 
 
I enjoy making journals to give as gifts and thought that this paper combined with the Market Street Stamps set called "Growth" would be a perfect fit. I used a sketch (for the life of me, I can't remember where it is from) that I thought would highlight each aspect.  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black.  The flower is from Maya Road and is called Vintage Gauze Blossoms.  I thought about using re-inkers to change the color of it but I chickened out. 
 
Here is my second project that I created using the same stamp set as well as the same papers.
 
 
I love how different each project looks.  I don't often create clean and simple cards but I think this DP called for it. I decided to change things up a bit for the card and used matting using Early Espresso cardstock.  The button I've used comes from the Basic Grey Plumeria Vintage buttons.
 
Thanks for popping by today :-)  I'll have another post shortly.
 
 

No comments: