Monday, April 9, 2012

RCC48 Hopping with Your Next Stamp

This week we’re hopping with our sponsor, Your Next Stamp’s Designers to bring you TONS of inspiration using this week’s challenge sketch and the adorable stamps from YNS!  Our fabulous designer, Debbie Carriere, has provided both teams, AND YOU, with a fun sketch to play with this week.



I fell in love with Your Next Stamp a couple of months ago when I was the Guest Designer at Sketch for You to Try (YNS was our sponsor), so I was really excited when I found out we'd be pairing up with them for this challenge.


I LOVE this stamp!!! It's called "Mother Hen" and it also has an amazing sentiment that it can be paired with.  I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then watercolored the image with Tombow Markers.  The DP is from one of the new My Mind's Eye lines called "Fiddlesticks" that I paired with  Black Jute Twine from the Ribbon Carousel. 
We are excited to have Your Next Stamp as our sponsor this week!  Your Next Stamp offers a wonderful variety of fun and whimsical rubber stamps and dies.  Karen is offering up a discount to all of the players here at The Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog!  Thanks so much Karen!! 

Believe me when I say you'll spend quite awhile checking out YNS. 
The Challenge: Use the sketch above and enter your card at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog by next Monday at 11:59pm EST.  Details on the blog.
The Blog Hop : Visit each of the designers below.  Leave a comment on each blog. End at the Ribbon Carousel blog and enter your name in the Inlinkz! You have until Friday 11:59pm EST to complete the hop.  Winners will be announced on Saturday! 
 What can I win if I hop?: One (1) $25 gift certificate from Ribbon Carousel or One (1) $10 gift certificate from Your Next Stamp. 
Here are the designers participating!  Good luck and enjoy the hop! (It's an all-star line-up if I do say so myself). 


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just adorable!!! I love your colouring and the dp you have used!

Meg said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

This card makes me smile :) And thanks for mentioning that you embossed using the versafine onyx black - why have I never thought of that? TFS!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a cute chicken...love your card.

Debbie Carriere said...

Adorable!!! I always love your coloring!

Laurel said...

This is just so cute, love the plaid paper with it!

Crafting Vicky said...

What a cute card! Love the color combination for it!!!! And I need to try to use string that way...

Jess S said...

these chickies are so cute! I love the whimsical feel of the card with the plaid/gingham!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Yellows are the perfect compliment to this image - lovin' the patterns!

Katie Skiff said...

Very pretty!! Love the colors and this image is super cute!!

JaniceA said...

Cute, cute card! Made me laugh. Love the colors you used the button and the twine.
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Jodi Collins said...

This is SUPER cute! LOVE this image and your coloring!!

Directmailscrapper said...

Angela -- love your darling card. What watercolor paper do you use?

howo34 said...

I love the chicken and stack of eggs!! Very cute!

~ Jo ~ said...

This is such a cute card. I just won that same stamp from YNS a few weeks and it's just the cutest thing!

Grá O'Neill said...

Gorgeous card :)

Alina said...

Cute card!

Sue D said...

Very cute--we raise chickens so love this. Great paper, coloring and I like the twine.