Sunday, May 1, 2011

TSG105 Flower Fun




May.... I can't believe it's May already....  And with all those showers we had in April, I'm sure there will be plenty of pretty flowers in May here.  Let's hope so anyway!!!  And what better way to celebrate May with flowers... 3D flowers, that is!  This week's challenge at There She Goes is brought to us by Tammy, one of our new Trendsetters and can I say one thing?  That girl has talent!!!  She wants to see your use of gorgeous and versatile 3D flowers. You can use poofy flowers, diecut flowers, Primas, felt, or crocheted flowers…let your imaginations run wild! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

I've been using a lot of 3D flowers lately so I decided, I wanted to something a little different and so some clean and simple stamping.  I followed this week's sketch over at the Clean and Simple Blog (aka Fall to Layouts) although I put my sentiment in the lower right hand corner instead of the upper left.  Just had to be a rebel.... LOL... Actually, I had looked at the sketch yesterday and in my silly little head I was certain the sentiment was in the lower corner.  Oops.... I've stamped various flowers from the TSG set called "Polka Dot Blooms" in SU Inks (Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Sky, Old Olive and Pink Piroutte).  I then added a sentiment from the set called "Everyday Greetings".  I stamped the Old Olive flower again and embossed it with clear embossing powder before cutting it out and popping it up (that's my 3D flower). To add a bit of interest, I decided to add a little bit of bling to the center of each of the flowers.  Love it!!

We'd love for you to participate in this challenge.  All you need to do is create a card using 3D flowers and link it up using the InLinkz at the TSG blog.  If you upload to an online gallery, remember to use the keyword TSG105.  Don't forget that the random winner will win $5 to the TSG store and someone has the opportunity to be in the Trendsetting Spotlight. 

On another note, don't forget about the "Out with the Old" Sale.  This is a great way to get previously released sets at a discount and who doesn't love a discount? 



Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful day.



No comments: