Monday, May 9, 2011

Are you Shabby Chic?


Wow! What an amazing group of entries in the Ribbon Carousel Challenge last week!!  We were blown away by all the eye candy. 
For this week's challenge,  we’re talking shabby... vintage... shabby chic!!!  How are you going to get shabby?  With lace of course!!!   Pull out those pretties that we all have (and I’m sure hoard) and use them on your card.  Add some texture to your card, perhaps with distressing, using your embossing folders,  sponging.  Make that lace pop!!

I had fun making this card, keeping it relatively clean and simple...  (as simple as I sometimes get) - the layout for my card is inspired by this week's Fall to Layout.  For my card, I was inspired by this K & Company that I've had for quite sometime. It just screamed shabby and vintage to me with its' texture and colours. I decided to use the TSG set called "Sentimental Thank You" that I stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. I pulled out some of my crocheted lace trim, a few crocheted flowers, a button, a bit of linen thread and of course those blue pearls.  Cuteness.... 

We’d love for you to participate!!!  Please remember that your creation MUST have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace (basically anything that comes on a spool).   Make sure you link up with us using InLinkz at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog.  If you are uploading to an only gallery make sure you use the keyword RCC2.  Remember – that you don’t need a blog to participate in our challenge.  Each week we will have a “Top Spool” !!
Thanks for popping by today :-)

11 comments:

Laurel said...

So pretty!

Anita said...

Stunning card!

Torico said...

This is so beautiful!! Love the crochet flowers.

Dawn Easton said...

Angela, this is beautiful! LOVE your flower and that designer paper is beautiful! I can see the texture!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW Angela this is stunning! I love that lace trim and crocheted flower- total shabby deliciousness!

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I love the crocheted flowers, they are FABULOUS! They layout is super cute too!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I love the blue pearls!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So, SO pretty!!

Julia Aston said...

How pretty! love the lace and crocheted flowers and the colors are wonderful!

Debbie Carriere said...

Angela, this is soooo pretty!! Love the colors & those yummy crocheted flowers :)

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

LOVE that card! It's beautiful!