Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SSD63 Butterfly Wishes



Hey there everyone!!!  I'm back for week 2 as one of this month's guest designers at Skipping Stones DesignLea Lawson has come up with some great sketches for this month and this one allowed me to pull out an older set called "Dandelion Dreams".  I drew my inspiration for this card from the Marjolaine line of Basic Grey.  I love how well it works with the stamp set. I stamped a portion of two of the images in Versamark and then Old Olive ink and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. I then sponged Soft Sky around the edges of the Nestabilities to highlight it a bit.  I'm so glad I had this handy dandy butterfly punch from Martha Stewart. I've pulled it out for so many cards and it always adds that little bit of dimension.  It's a simple card yet I feel like it packs a punch. 


Make sure you check out what the Design Team has for you today. I'm sure it's fabulous eye candy!!


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love how you've rotated the sketch...so very pretty!

Lea L. said...

Your card is super cute!! I love that you flipped the sketch on its side...great job with it! ♥♥♥

Jo said...

Angela - I love this card. I could be becuase these are my fav colour - but I also like how the tag looks like a window out on the garden.

Barb Turpin said...

Love these colors-beautiful card as usual!

Brenda said...

cute card! I'm loving how you turned the sketch on its side. Love the label with the flowers and butterfly