Thursday, January 20, 2011

BLDC#2 What's up Dude?



What's up Dude???? The BLD Challenge #2 (By Lori Designs)  is what's in the house today. I'm a sucker for challenges - they always get the mojo going and mine seems to have taken a bit of a hike lately so if I have a challenge in hand, things are good.  As soon as I saw the colors for this week's challenge, I automatically thought of Ethan Lollipop.    



The colors just screamed for something "guyish". I had some certain DP in mind and of course when it came time to make my card, I couldn't find the paper pack I was looking for... (I should take that as a sign that I need to clean my craft area... what do you think?).  So I searched through my DP for something that had a "cool guy" look to it and settled on some October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket DP. Ethan has been colored with a combination of watercolor pencils and Tombow Markers.  I'm thinking my card looks a little bare but when I really look at it, it definitely has a masculine feel to it.  Can't really go with bows for a guy card right? LOL.  I've also made this card for this week's "That's Krafty Thursday" on Jeanie Witmer's blog.  I love that someone else loves Kraft as much as I do.

Thanks for dropping by today!!! We'd love you to play along with us!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the card just finished mine..will post it tomorrow..thks for sharing coloring is great is that watercoloring..stop by my blog if you have a chance...

The Spotted Chick said...

Oooooh yes, I DO LOVE Kraft, almost as much as THIS CARD! Oh my word, this is SO cute. Ethan is perfect with this DP and I see you struggle with the whole "no ribbon" for guy card thing too! Pffft! But you finished it perfectly with the ribbon loops and button. Great job and an ADORABLE card! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}