Tuesday, November 30, 2010

MFT's Ready for the Tree...Stitching it up





WOW!!! This card was a labor of love...and can I just say I love it?  The idea behind this card has been brewing for a few days, ever since I saw the December Guest Designer Challenge for MFT on SCS which is to use stitching on a card. I knew exactly what Pure Innocence image  I wanted to use, "Sending you a Little Christmas"  (It's out of stock right now but I'll link it as soon as I see it's available again).  I had the idea of creating a scene in my head but it took some time to created the final product. Like I said... it's a labor of love.  I decided I wanted to make a few trees (two with DP and the third with felt).  The felt tree has been hand stitched with Linen Thread as had the tree trunk.  The DP trees were sponged with Always Artichoke and then machine stitched.  I had some help from my mom to do the stitching on the trees... I'm not the best at sewing so I knew if I wanted it to look good, I needed the help on this part.  The snow was sponged with Brocade Blue and then machine stitched as well with a zig zag stitch. The PI has been watercolored with my Tombow Markers and then I painstakingly cut around it with a craft knife so that I could pop it up.  Another labor of love on that one I tell ya!!  I added some Diamond Stickles to the stars, hat trim,  boots trim, as well as Fruit Punch Stickles on the little tree in the sleigh. I then added some Rhinestones, Dew Drops and Buttons as "decorations" on the Christmas Tree. 

I love the whimsical, folky type look that this card has.  I can tell you one thing... I need to brush up on my sewing skills....  Be on the lookout for some sewing on my cards in the future. 

Stamps:  Sending you  a Little Christmas - MFT
Paper: Gina K White, Early Espresso, Echo Park DP, Watercolor paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black. Brocade Blue, Always Artichoke
Accessories and Tools: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Water brush, Tombow Markers, Felt, Linen Thread, Thread, Tombow Multi Glue, Rhinestones, Dew Drops, Buttons, Pop Dots, Sewing Machine, Sewing Needle, Fruit Punch Stickles, Diamond Stickles

Hope you like it!!!!

4 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Angela, this is gorgeous!!! Love the felt tree & all your details are superb!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! Outstanding!!! LOVE this idea and should really CASE it ;) I've been trying to get that same stamp but every month I order, it's out....very popular! LOL!

Jessie/knightrone said...

It's absolutely fabulous!! LOVE it!!

Smiles, Laurie said...

Congratulations on being MFT's Favourite Find!! this is adorable. Love it!