Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TSG66/MOJO150 Just a note



When I saw this week's challenge at There She Goes hosted by Mercy, I was all over it!!! After all, I'm a girl who loves to watercolor!!!  I find I'm continually learning more about it and trying new things.  I don't think I'll ever perfect it but I'm getting there - don't ya think?  I've used the TSG set called "What's up Buttercup" (unfortunately it is out of stock right now) and have watercolored with my Tombow Markers.  I then went around the edge of the image with a soft blue Tombow marker to highlight the image.  If you've never tried watercoloring, I really suggest trying out Tombow markers - I always use a waterbrush rather than the Tombow blender pen.  It provides a totally different look.  It's all about practicing just as it is with any coloring medium.  I love the look as you can get really vibrant or make things look really soft as I have done with this image.  For my layout, I've used this week's Mojo Monday challenge (although I tweaked the bottom of it as I didn't like the idea of using a border punch (nothing I tried was working quite right).  The DP is from Basic Grey and unfortunately I'm not sure where I got the blue DP from (it's a scrap and no longer has the name on it). 

Have a great day!!!


3 comments:

Pam Varnell said...

Wowzers Angela this is gorgeous. Love your coloring and the papers are beautiful.

michelle sturgeon said...

Beautifully done! Great colours together.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card! Gorgeous papers! Thanks for playing Mojo!