Saturday, July 3, 2010

SFYTT/IC239 Now I have something to say...



I've long been a fan of Jen del Muro's sketches called SFYTT and every Saturday morning I check out her blog in awe of the samples that her and the team create and then I think oh cool... I could do something with that sketch and then I get intimidated by how amazing everyone is...  But this week - I decided I was going to go for it!! No more me being scared of the amazing sketches and just had to jump right in.  I was also surfing SCS and realized that it's time for the Inspiration Challenge (IC239) and this week the website chosen is Oompa.  I chose to use this bedding as my inspiration.  I loved the colors from the bedding which was my starting off point. 

I've had Gossipy Stella from Stamping Bella for way too long and it hasn't seen ink until now... scary I know!!!  I've watercolored the image with my Tombow markers (my go to markers) and I just realized that I had planned on using some Stickles on the wand and crown... Oops!!! Oh well!!! I like the card anyway.  The DP used is October Afternoon's Fly a Kite and Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry. I love how well these two paper packs went together. Score!!! These two DP's work so well with the inspiration bedding.  We all know I love my DP and I'm excited that I finally managed to get my hands on the October Afternoon DP - who knew it would be so hard to find! 

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Christi said...

What a neat card! I love your color choices, paper, layout not to mention that awesome image!
Great Job!

Graphicat said...

YOU get intimidated?!?! I dont think THAT is necessary! Your cards are AMAZING!! And this card is no exception! Love the colours!
:o)
Cheers
Cheri

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous coloring on this one...wow!

enjoy *~*