Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SSD10 Instant Human - just add coffee....

OMGoodness.... I can't believe that it is already February! Yikes! This year is going by so quickly. I guess that's a good thing considering the year I've had so far (it's slowly getting better). Guess what time it is!!! It's Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday!!! It's a new month so that means we also have a new guest sketch artist and this month our sketch artist is Belinda of Bleu Bella Paperie. You have to check out her blog - she has a great style to her cards ranging from clean and simple to layers of DP.

Belinda created a great sketch for us to work with this week, although, you know me I had to alter it just a tiny bit.... I was determined to use the Bed Head Momma from the set, Funny Coffee Vol. 1. I discovered that my rectangle nestabilities weren't quite big enough unless I wanted to eithe cut off some of her fabulous hair or part of her bunny slippers. So out came my Long Rectangle Nestabilities and away I went. I stamped what I call Bed Head Momma in Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed with Clear Detail Embossing Powder. I colored the image with my Tombow Markers (my fave coloring medium to date). I've dry embossed a couple of the layers with some of my Cuttlebug Embossing Folders (Victoria and Paisley).


If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I LOVE my DP!!! See that little scrap with the blue and green flowers - I have been hoarding it for quite some time waiting for a card to use it on. I was so excited when I realized I still have a bit of it left for another card!! Yeah!!! I love how well this color combo works together. See that cool flower??? I followed a tutorial that Mercy Kerin had on her blog about how to make them ( I think this just might be my new embellishment on my cards)

If you want to create a card using this weeks' sketch, make sure you use the keywords SSD10 in any online gallery or go to the Skipping Stones Blog and link your card there.

A little FYI....
Kim Teasdale will be teaching an online class at My Creative Classroom starting tomorrow all about Tombow Markers. She's a master at using Tombows and her class if fabulous!!! You'll want to check it out.

Sparkle and Bling List:
Stamps: Funny Coffee Vol. 1 by Skipping Stones Design
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Frayed Burlap Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
Paper: Gina K White, Chocolate Chip, Bo Bunny DP, Scenic Route DP, Imaginesce DP, Watercolor paper
Accessories and Tools: Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Long Nectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Punch, Button, Linen Thread, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Victoria Cuttlebug EF, Paisley Cuttlebug EF


No comments: