Wednesday, January 6, 2010

MTSC55 Espresso my Gratitude

Can I just say I'd like a do-over for 2010 so far??? Let's just say this year hasn't started off how I had expected - lots of life changes going on (and some of them not by choice). I was having a really hard day on Monday but had already made plans to get together with a girlfriend for coffee. I thought about cancelling but knew it was too late to do so. All I can say is going for coffee was the best thing I could have done. It got me out of my funk and gave me a chance to realize what wonderful things life have in store for me. Gillian really knows how to inspire a person and she's inspired me to make some major changes.

So I thought I'd make a special card for Gillian to thank her for coffee the other night. Gillian has always been a great source of inspiration and she is definitely what I needed that night. Does that make any sense?


Guess who else is a great source for artistic inspiration??? Mercy of course!!! I don't get to participate in Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenges as often as I'd like but once I knew what images I wanted to use from the Coffee Vol. 1 set from Skipping Stones Design I checked out Mercy's blog and this week's sketch totally fit.

My card uses the Coffee Cup from the Coffee Vol. 1 set which I have paper pieced using some paper from the new Basic Grey line called Origins. I'm addicted to Basic Grey so as soon as my LSS got it in, I was there right away. Believe me, if you don't buy the 6x6 packs right away - there's no chance to get them right away locally.

Sparkle and Bling List:
Stamps: Coffee Vol. 1 by Skipping Stones Design
Paper: Gina K Luxury White, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Basic Grey "Origins" DP
Ink: Basic Black, Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Accessories: Loopy Border Punch, Nestabilities, Ribbon

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of Mercy's sketch :D Love the paper pieced cup and your DPs are great. Wonderful card.

Stacy Morgan said...

RIch and pretty, wonderful job.

Unknown said...

very nice!

Unknown said...

angela...this is gorgeous! love the paper-piecing, the sentiment treatment, and the beautiful origins dp!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an awesome job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Kim Teasdale said...

LOVE IT!!! You are a genius! The paper piecing turned out so amazing and the papers are so rich...just as coffee should be ;) If I had the powder to give you a 2010 do-over I would in a heartbeat hun!

Loves yah!

Kim

Kay D said...

Great card! I'm absolutely loving that paper pieced cup!