Tuesday, December 8, 2009

SSD02 A grain of Salt

It's my birthday later on this week and well.... I think I need to take my birthday this year with a grain of salt. And no - I won't tell you how old I'm turning.... So when I saw this week's Skipping Stones Design Sketch Tuesday sketch, well I knew what set I'd be using. This week's sketch was designed by Kim Teasdale, our guest sketch artist this month. I think I'll be having one of these margaritas on Friday.

I had so much fun making this card. Yes, I cheated a little bit on the sketch. If you know me, I always find a way to make what I want to use work. I've used the set called Margarita Birthday available at Skipping Stones Design. I've colored the margarita with my Tombow Markers and then used Diamond Stickles around the rim to look like Salt. I've used two different sentiments from the set to complete the card. This is a super fun set and also comes with a glass of wine - Kim Teasdale made an amazing sample using this set last week.


Who doesn't love a sale - especially on stamps??? Just thought I'd let you know.... Everything at Skipping Stones Design is currently 25% off but it's for today only!!! So check out the website and fill up a cart. You'll need to enter the following code: 25off. They're fantastic stamps and you won't regret it! To sweeten the deal, shipping is free for any order over $30 including international orders.

Do you like fun and sassy stamps? Wanna be a Stamp Tramp??? Check out the Design Team Call that we have listed on Splitcoaststampers. There are two calls: one for Sketch Artists and the other for the Design Team. You have until Tuesday December 15th to get your applications in. The DT will officially launch in January and we look forward to seeing all of your marvelous creations!


Sparkle and Bling List:
Stamps: Margarita Birthday by Skipping Stones Design
Paper: Gina K White, Old Olive, Bo Bunny DP, Basic Grey DP, Creative Imaginations DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Basic Black
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Nestabilities, Diamond Stickles, Rhinestones

1 comment:

Linda Anderson said...

Happy Birthday Angela!!! Fabulous card too!!!!

Linda