Friday, July 10, 2009

CDSWCC27 Grin and Barrel it

Alex is hosting the Clear Dollar Color Challenge (CDSWCC27) this week at Papercraft Planet. I rarely get to participate but I have a bit of free time this week so once I found out the colors I went to work. This week's colors are: Dark Brown, Rust or Dark Orange, Blue, Kraft and Vanilla as a neutral. For some reason, these colors scream country to me so I pulled out Lean on me Charlie. I think this card has a very western look to it. It was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black on watercolor paper and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then watercolored the images with Tombow markers. I've sponged all the edges as well as the embossed sections. Hope you like it.

Sparkle and Bling List:
Stamps: Lean on me Charlie
Paper: PTI White, Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Soft Sky, Kraft and Very Vanilla
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Nestabilities, Tombows, Aquapainter, Ribbon, Buttons, Linen Thread, Clear Detail Embossing Folder

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Great coloring, and what a great layout! Love your embossing. . .it's just perfect for that image ;D

Dawn B. said...

Angela this is adorable. I am trying to decide what to create. I love the way you used the colors and your embossing. So glad you had time to play..

Christi said...

Angela you did a great job on this challenge! Your embossing works perfectly with your image and your image works perfectly with your colors!
Love it!

Laurie Wilson said...

This is fabulous with the colors you chose and the sketch layout!