Thursday, July 30, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Playful Pixies

Can I just say this set is just too much fun? I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. Playful Pixies is available August 1st from Clear Dollar Stamps. For my first card, I was inspired by a card I had made months ago that had a similar feel to it. I love my Labels 4 Nestabilities - they add a bit of whimsy yet elegance. I've colored this image using Tombow markers and then added Diamond Stickles on the wings as well as on the pixie dust.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Playful Pixies
CS AND PAPERS: Gina K Luxury White, Kiwi Kiss, Melon Mambo, Cosmo Cricket DP, Watercolor paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Tombow Markers
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Diamond Stickles, Blossom Nestabilities, Rhinestone Brads, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Labels 4 Nestabilities COLORING MEDIUM: Markers SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring


This card was so much fun to make!!!! I've had the Blossom Nestabilities for months but kept forgetting that I had them. One of the design team challenges required us to use a cut out our stamped image as an accent on a card. I used my nestabilities to create a flower. Between each layer, I added Stamping Dimensionals to pop everything up and try to make the flower look more realistic. I then stamped one of the pixies using Versafine Onyx Black and colored her with my Tombow markers. I then cut her out and popped her up using stamping dimensionals again. This card turned out too cute.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Playful Pixies

CS AND PAPERS: Gina K Luxury White, Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill Swiss Dots, Fancy Pants Designs DP, Watercolor paper

INK: Versafine Onyx Black

MARKERS: Tombow Markers

ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Blossom Nestabilities, Stamping Dimensionals, Buttons, Embroidery Thread, Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Diamond Stickles, Clear Detail Embossing Powder COLORING MEDIUM: Markers and Aquapainter SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring

Make sure you check out what the other girls have created for samples today.



4 comments:

Cassie said...

These are too darn cute, Angela! I'm loving that pixie ;D

Linda Anderson said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!!! I love the one of the pixie hiding behind the flower!! Too adorable!!

Linda

Lisa Lara said...

Cute cute cute Pixies Angela. I love the flowers and your watercoloring and layouts. Sooooooo cute.

Shawne said...

Oh Angela, I love what you did with these cards, the coloring and little sparkle it beautiful. The one peeking out from the flower is my absolute favorite!!!