Tuesday, June 30, 2009

July SOM - Tag it


Today is the last day of Sneak Peeks for Clear Dollar Stamps' July 1st release. This set, Tag it, is yours free with a purchase of $50 or more. It truly is a versatile set that has so many uses. I'm a person who loves to make gift bags and 3D projects for friends and family. It always adds a bit of an extra touch. So who doesn't love making a tag to go with your gift? For the first card, I made a purse (I found the template at Carolina's Creative pad (see link below for it). I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I whipped it up in under 10 minutes. I then used the Little Leaves Sizzix die and a crocheted flower made by none other than Kim Teasdale (I swear that girl has crazy talent with everything). This purse is perfect for a gift card or gift certificate.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Tag It
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Basic Grey DP (Euphoria Collection)
INK: Old Olive, Perfect Plum
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Crocheted Flower, Button, Embroidery Floss, Linen Thread, Little Leaves Sizzix Die (from SU)
TEMPLATE: http://creativepad.typepad.com/CarolinasPurse.pdf

I love this sentiment! I knew I wanted to incorporate candy somehow into a project once I saw it. This project was super easy and my family loved it. The candy was gone within an hour I swear. I've used a Cuttlebug die and then simply used two different stamps from the set to make the tag before sliding ribbon through it. Each tag has the ability to fit in different dies available from Cuttlebug as well as Spellbinders (the makers of Nestabilities).

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Tag It
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White
INK: Regal Rose, Basic Black
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Ribbon, Cuttlebug Tag Die, clear glass jar, Jellybeans
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Altered Project


If you have been reading my blog lately, you'd notice in one of my posts that I made 150 wedding favor boxes the wrong size only to have to start all over again. (turns out we had been using one of the smaller wedding favors not knowing that some were larger). Well this is the same style of box. I figured I'd just done almost 300, what was one more? These boxes are ridiculously easy to make and can be made to any size. Perfect for a gift certificate, jewellry, anything small depending on its' dimensions.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Tag It
CS AND PAPERS: Cosmo Cricket DP, PTI White, Chocolate Chip
INK: Close to Cocoa
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Ribbon, Tag Punch (large and small), 1/8” Punch
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: 3D Box
TEMPLATE: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/trianglebox/

Check out what the rest of the design team came up with for this set: (see sidebar for links)
Katie, Cassie, Candy and Laurie

Other sets being shown today include:
Porch Conversations - Kim, Tori, Linda, Stacy, Candy and Laurie
Patchpal Kitty - Sarah, Shawne, Candy, Laurie
Patchpal Skunk - Tori, Shawne, Candy, Laurie
Patchpal Ducky - Stacy, Shawne, Candy, Laurie
Patchpal Bunny - Tori, Shawne, Candy, Laurie

Hope you enjoyed the sneak peeks for this month! Be prepared to fill up your shopping carts tomorrow when the sets go live.

5 comments:

Shawne said...

omg! You are kidding, 300? I would be nuts after making 300 of anything! I love these tags too, you did a great job!

Lisa Lara said...

Aren't those tags, so sweet. I just love your purse Angela. Love the crochet flower for the clasp. Sooooooooooo cute.

Ann said...

Great stuff! I love the flower on your purse!

Wendy Hall said...

Great tags Angela and your purse is adorable too!! Glad to be on the team!!

Joan Ervin said...

What darling projects, Angela...you are sooo creative!!! Your little tags are AWESOME, too!!!