Saturday, June 27, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Lost in Space

Kim Teasdale has really outdone herself yet again this month!Lost in Space will be available from Clear Dollar Stamps on July 1st. I love this set!!!! I don't have many boy sets so when I saw this one, I knew I wanted it! It's way too cute and so much fun! Very versatile for so many things.
For my first card, I wanted something clean and simple (I've been on a CAS kick lately I think) as one of our DT Challenges this month was an inspiration challenge and the image had a lot of white space. I think this card turned out super cute if I do say so myself. I love how the aliens are going a bit all over the place - they truly look lost in space (which reminds me of myself some days). The image was stamped on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed with Clear Detail Embossing Powder before I pulled out my handy dandy Tombow markers. I sure do love those things! They make watercoloring so much easier and cleaner.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Lost In Space
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Basic Black, Watercolor Paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
MARKERS: Tombows – 126, 177, 133, 443, 491, 933,925, 452, 873
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Buttons, Embroidery Thread, Clear Detail Embossing Powder
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring


My second card is for another DT challenge which was to make a card with no designer paper - GASP!!! Me with no DP??? Yikes! So of course, I had to pull out my Cuttlebug and my Spots and Dots Folder for a bit of texture. This card was also watercolored using my Tombows. I enjoyed experimenting with different colors to achieve the final look. I've used Versamark and Clear Detail embossing powder over the entire image to give it a slight shine and then Crystal Effects on the windshield area of the space ship.

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Lost in Space
CS AND PAPERS: PTI White, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Watercolor paper
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
MARKERS: Tombow Markers
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Oval Curvy Cutter, Coluzzle, Half Back Pearls, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Ribbon, Crystal Effects, Tombow Markers, Aquapainter, Half Back Pearls, Spots and Dots Embossing Folder, Cuttlebug, Craft Knife
COLORING MEDIUM: Markers
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Watercoloring, dry embossing

Other ladies highlighting this set are:
Kim, Tori, Stacy, Candy and Laurie (Check out my sidebar for the links to everyone's blog)


7 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

These are both so fun! Great showcasing of this set and your coloring is awesome.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Angela, these two cards are just the cuttest!! This is an adorable set it is a must have! You did a great job with the first card and the clean look. I am always afraid of doing a card with so much white but, I love the end result. I love how the little aliens are popping into the boxes. Love the coloring on the second card and the clear windshield. Great Job!!

Tricia T said...

Love this set and the cards are perfect!!!! I must have this set!!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

LOVE your samples! Very fun!

:-)

Shawne said...

cute! They are so funny!

Ann said...

Adorable!

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely Adorable Angela. What a fun set.